Monday, January 01, 2007

WHERE HAS THE JAMES BEEN???????


Yes, loyal fans...FOTJ, I am back. Where have I been? You might ask...I might even answer, and this post will settle it once and for all. No...it hasn't been a grand holiday, or a two or three month adventure, but rather an ORDEAL. That is what the past few months have felt like and only very recently have I emerged with my former vitality and intensity. A few months ago I started coming down with what felt like a regular winter-season flu, or even a sinus infection. I began my treatment with a self-diagnosis, and with my normal stand-by: Dayquil/Nyquil. Well, this wasn't cutting it. Hell, after the first week and 2 or 3 boxes of the "Quil," I was feeling just as bad, if not worse. My job brings a lot of contamination and germs my way on a regular basis...kids are the worst when it comes to sickness and they love to share, so I didn't give my initial poor feelings much thought. After the first week or two without any help from the "Quil," I reached out to something I had seen on television: Mucinex. The directions scared me a little: two a day...NO MORE, so I asked a few people about it. Everything I heard about this product was great, and I started it. I took it for about 2 days, and slowly...VERY SLOWLY, it began to have an effect. I felt a little better. I wasn't as congested, but I still had headaches, and still felt lethargic. Finally, when about 2 weeks had elapsed, I went off the stuff...I WAS SICK AGAIN WITHIN 3 DAYS!!!!! Now folks, I was sincerely pissed off. I hate being sick...I ABSOLUTELY HATE BEING SICK...and it seemed like I kept getting it again and again. Not to mention this had now become the "crunch time" for me at work, where I had to produce the GCFF, direct a one-act show for UNF, and cast/begin translations for our Spring production of Midsummer Night's Dream at OPHS. I began to despair a little...to tell you the truth, and even considered briefly visiting one of the society of ex-Nazis known as a physician. That's when I decided to give Tylenol Sinus Medicine a go...both normal and SEVERE. Severe worked, and quickly. I felt like hell one night of our dress rehearsals at UNF, and the next day I felt great. I kept taking this all through the first half of December, and only stopped when I came back from visiting the wonderful Laytons in Atlanta. I have now been about 2 or 3 weeks off the "stuff," and am feeling pretty good...with the obvious exception that I HAVEN'T WORKED OUT IN ABOUT 2 OR 3 MONTHS...and I feel/look like hell. So...that's what happened to me...sickness of biblical proportions and deadlines, and any time I wasn't working or feeling miserable I was trying to sleep and get well. I will be back at this more regularly now...at least weekly, like my main inspiration: the StalloneZone, so keep checking back. Happy New Year to all I give a damn about, and let me know what you think of the blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home