Sunday, September 10, 2006

BLADE: The Series...Maybe I judged too soon...

This post is put forth grudgingly, but honestly. I watched Spike TV's Blade: The Series pilot movie back in June, and was severely underwhelmed with the production. It was cheesy, shot horribly, and not even good enough for enjoyment as a "good bad movie." However, my pal Zablo kept on championing the show's virtues, extolling its character development, how they had addressed all of my complaints, and really found their voice in the third or fourth episode. In fact, "Blade becomes a side character to the entire plot of the show," Zablo said, "the true strength of the show is derived from its ensemble cast and ongoing narrative." (Yes, I paraphrase in my own snobby tone. Sorry.) I am here and now admitting that "Yes, Zablo was correct." I watched the Blade marathon on Saturday and Sunday, flipping back and forth between football games on Sunday, and was incredibly impressed. While I won't say this show, shot with Spike TV's budget, possessing a lead actor with questionable skills, and about vampires for chrissakes, is good...I will call it now one of my "guilty pleasures." At least it boasts the creative intent to build something with an ongoing narrative, instead of Blade facing a vampire of the week. I will now be looking forward to the season finale Wednesday night at 10 p.m., and would like to take this opportunity to thank my friend for re-directing my attention to something that I would otherwise have written off completely. Now if I could only remember the authors he mentioned as well...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you not like Entourage. It,s hilarious. Drama is the best character ever created

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watch it because i think the Marcus guy is hot.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home